Kawerau Pathways to Work
Kawerau Pathways to Work (KPtW) is an employer driven initiative designed to establish a local ‘employer-employee connect’ system to improve the likely outcomes and sustainability of employment in our workplaces.
There are three projects currently being undertaken by KPtW;
1. The Cadetship Programme which provides a real-life experience for those intending to pursue workplace opportunities in the area.
- cadetship is for a period of 13 weeks during which time the candidate will work a minimum of a 30 hour week and be remunerated at the minimum wage level.
- The programme allows for 40 positions over the period October 19 to June 2121.
- Each position attracts a $4,000 subsidy paid directly to a qualifying employer.
2. The Industry Training Support Service will assist those current apprentices or employees requiring further training support to enable them to achieve.
- learning/study supports;
- access to technology;
- literacy and numeracy supports;
- the facilitation of study groups;
- investigations into the establishment of night classes.
3. Working with tertiary providers to offer micro-credential trainings that local industries require for their future and current workforce needs.
KPtW has also partnered with Toi EDA, Ngati Tuwharetoa (ki Kawerau) Hauora and Tarawera High School to provide ‘fit to learn and fit to work’ programmes which actively connects with our local employers and industries.
If you would like further information on this initiative or would like to become involved with this project please contact