Mana in Mahi
Have you had difficulty getting a job?? Take part in Mana in Mahi to get paid while you train to do a job you love.
Your passion could kick start your career.
- Train while you work in a range of industries.
- Learn new skills.
- Gain qualifications.
You're paid a lot more than you get on a benefit and if you stick at it, you get an extra $1,000 at 3, 6 and 12 months for the first year.
Mana in Mahi gives employers funding and support to hire young people or people who are looking to retrain. This helps employers grow their businesses and support their community.
We work with employers across New Zealand in a range of industries, including:
We help people to:
- get a job with these employers
- gain an industry qualification ( including apprenticeships) while they're working
- get the support they need to stay in work.
We support you and your employer to work together to build a relationship.
What you can get
- You need to be a NZ citizen or resident to take part in Mana in Mahi.
To find out more about Mana in Mahi click here or other MSD/ Work and Income subsidised support programmes: