Are you thinking about starting tertiary education? You may be able to get one year's study or two years' training fees-free.
What is Fees Free?
You can get one year of tertiary study or two years' training up to the value of $12,000 fees-free:
- The equivalent of one year's full-time study fees-free at an institute of technology, polytechnic, private training establishment, university or wananga.
- Up to 24 months of an apprenticeship or training fees-free with an employer or industry training organisation.
Fees Free eligibility
You may be eligible for Fees Free if you are:
- a New Zealander or ordinarily resident in New Zealand; and
- a recent secondary school leaver; or
- not a recent secondary school leaver but have undertaken less than half a year of tertiary study or training.