Tane Mahuta Forestry Apprenticeships
The foundation course teaches practical skills:
- Learning how to prepare planting sites, plant trees, release spray, and prune trees.
- Harvesting courses include training for breaking out, felling and landing operations.
- You may also receive training in basic chainsaw operations.
- Other foundation training includes health and safety, and hydration and nutrition.
- Numeracy and literacy courses may also be available.
Tane Mahuta Forest Managers, Wini & Simon Geddes, #021 068 8195 or Wini@tanemahuta.org.nz